Wednesday, May 2, 2012

PI: Journal #1

Since I was young, I've always had a passion for math.  Recently, I've discovered another passion--teaching. I've realized that I enjoy any form of teaching, whether it is coaching, tutoring, or just helping.  I decided that I will "take action" on my passion by having a small "class" (maybe 2-3 people) and tutor them in Algebra 2.  I plan to learn about teaching math from Mr. Mukina, a trigonometry/pre-calc and Algebra 3 teacher.  I also plan on finding online resources, such as math tutorials.  Through my research and learning, I want to know different techniques of explaining things, and ultimately, I want to know if teaching is a career path that I could possibly pursue.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leah,
    Nice job on describing your Icarus project. Here is a website that you may already know about: the Khan Academy: http://www.khanacademy.org/
    I'm not a math teacher but I have heard that it an innovative and engaging way to learn math. It might be neat to try to replicate one of the videos on a new math topic :)
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete