Thursday, April 12, 2012

White, Black, and Shades of Gray

By looking at this "moral scale", it seems so simple and easy to distinguish what I consider right and wrong, what I stand by, and what I despise, however, creating it was definitely not plain and simple.  I realized that while it's somewhat easy to say what's good and bad, it goes much deeper than that when you try to measure how angelic something is, or how murderous something is.   For example, I was able to see that while some of my classmates think that a thing such as gossiping isn't bad at all, I feel that it actually belongs on the darker side of the spectrum.   I've always assumed that I knew right from wrong,  And, from looking at this chart, and comparing it to my guilt from previous experiences,  I realized that I know my right from my wrongs.

This helped to teach me a lot about myself.  Before this assignment, I didn't ever try to define my values, or even think about they are.   This assignment forced me to do that, as well as confront past experiences (both good and bad), and deal with the guilt that comes from remembering the "black" parts of the past.  I realized that as I've grown older, my morals have become much more refined since I can take what I've experienced and see how it affected others and myself.

2 comments:

  1. Your graphic has a lot of your opinions that range from good to bad which is a good thing. Although, i think you should keep your font sizes and the way it is arranged the same so that it doesnt look too jumbled together and so that it is easier to read and understand.
    I like your reflection and how youve explained that youve learned from your experience and that you know how it affect others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leah,

    I really like your graphic. I like how your actions flowed and got slightly worse as you went down the line. I like how you were able to give a range of experiences really adds to your graphic because it really shows the whole you and all the experiences you have went through that make you the who you are today. One this you could improve on is that your graphic sort of seems cluttered and doesn't really have white space. To fix it you should make all the text the same size, so it is easier to read and you get a lot more white space making it less cluttered, just like Sziezel had said. If you just fix that your graphic will be great.

    In your reflection, I really like how you not only talked about yourself and how you have grown as a person by doing this but also about how different people have different opinions on where their morals and values are on their moral scale. I can tell you really dug deep to come to the realizations you made in your reflection. I think one thin you could add to your reflection is during the part where you were talking about how people think gossiping isn't that bad but you think personally the gossiping should be on the "darker side of the spectrum," you should add why you personally think that gossiping is on dark side of the spectrum. If you just add that into your reflection I think your reflection would be solid.

    Great Job on your graphic and reflection!

    -Mikayla Domingo

    ReplyDelete