Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Journal #4


After researching and talking to my mentor, I decided on a plan for tutoring.   For my impact activity, I decided that I would give the student a pre and post test.  The test will include math problems so I know their starting level, and then I will ask how they feel when it comes to factoring.  By starting off with a pre-test, I can personally see the type of method the student prefers to use, as well as how comfortable they are with the technique.  The pre-test will determine how I will modify my tutoring technique.  After assessing them, I will teach them the basic structure of factoring trinomials.  I believe that by teaching them a few key techniques, I will able to familiarize the student and make them more comfortable.  To make sure that they understand the techniques, I will go through sample problems with them, going through each step, and explaining when necessary.  I feel that this will give them an opportunity to make sure they understand it fully.  After going through that process, I will give them a post-assessment with similar problems from the pre-test, and the same question of: How comfortable are you with factoring?  

No comments:

Post a Comment