Thursday, November 17, 2011

Angry Letter [DRAFT]

Dear GK Elite Gymnastics Apparel,

I have been an extremely satisfied customer of yours for the past 10 years.   Whether it was a durable practice leotard, a sleek black warm-up, or a dazzling competition leotard, my fellow teammates and I have always relied on GK.  You’re leotards have proven to be of high quality, not to mention that they are exquisitely designed.  

However, my teammates and I have recently encountered problems concerning the sizing of the leotards.  This past season, I put in an order for three leotards.  I hesitated to order them in this size, as it was a size larger my usual size.    But, to stay on the safe side, I stuck to my order of 3 Adult Mediums.   When the package arrived by mail, I was eager to try on my new leotards, but was severely disappointed and shocked when the material started to suffocate my body from the moment I put it on.  Two teammates who ordered with me also discovered this problem, as their leotards were exceedingly small as well.  Throughout the season, I asked some of the gymnasts, both from my gym and other gyms, whether they recognized the same dilemma that I did.  Immediately, they agreed, saying things such as, “GK must have changed their sizing!”,  “My leos were super small this year..”, and “So it wasn’t just me that couldn’t fit?”  It then occurred to me that this was, in fact, a problem with the leotards.

Nation-wide clothing stores such as Hollister and American Eagle Outfitters have announced to their customers of sizing changes.  In Hollister’s case, they posted notifications of their “Redesigned Fit” for jeans on their website’s homepage, and noted on the items themselves that the fit was new.  If these stores take steps to notify customers of sizing changes, then GK can and should take these steps too.

Despite this all, I continue to support GK and purchase the bulk of my workout wear from the site.  In fact, most, if not all, of my leotards are GK creations.  The quality of your products has far outweighed the dilemma that I faced.  Still, it was definitely a problem that prevented me from using my leotards after they had been washed and stretched out a few times.

The problem should be addressed as it might continue to confuse and inconvenience the dedicated customers of GK.   

Sincerely,




Leah Miyasato



3 comments:

  1. I really like your angry letter! It shows the complaints that you had as well as other that have experienced your same problems about size fitings. You show alot of good examples of sentence fluency in your letter and also good transition words between paragraphs. Also I like your word choice in the beginning showing the different kind of leotards that you use. Also I like how you show your concerns and how you would want them to reselove it. This is a really good paper and hopefully you get a good explanation why you aren't getting your sizes. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, your Angry letter was great, it had good pros and con mixed in with you letter. You also had good adjectives describing the leotards even though I don't really know what that is, I kinda got an understanding by you describing it. Also the way you compared other clothing companies to your issue and how they have size changes in clothes but they put up signs to let you know before you get anything which your GT should do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leah,
    Excellent job on the letter. The progression from your problem with leotard sizing to the comparison with your teammates and other gymnasts worked well to show the company why they need to address it.
    I would recommend taking out the part about continuing to purchase from GK. There is nothing wrong with letter a company know that their policies and possible unwillingness to change or adapt may result in loss of business. I would imagine that you and your teammates made a pretty big investment in all that clothing and the company should see and respond to the seriousness of the problem :)
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete