Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Writing Standards Portfolio (Reflection)


a)Over the past semester, I’ve learned many things.  I’ve learned how to manage my time more efficiently, and how to find better balance.  I’m proud that I’ve been able to go outside of my comfort zone, and learn new things academically.
b)This past semester, my main challenge was time management.  I dealt with this by adjusting my schedules, and prioritizing.
c)My goal for next semester is to increase my vocabulary range so I can become a better writer.

Mom/Dad, please write a reflection of my portfolio presentation.  Please answer these questions as follows:


  1. What piece of writing did you like best in my portfolio and why? 
  2. What did you like about my portfolio and sharing and what would you like to see me improve on?
  3. Which of the writing traits (ideas, organization, voice, word choice) do you feel was most successful for me?
  4. Which of the traits of writing would you like me to improve on in the coming semester?

1 comment:

  1. 1. I liked the Querencia piece the best, because I could imagine myself out on the balcony.

    2. I liked the imagery you create in my mind when I'm reading the passages. I would like to see the ideas flow together a little more.

    3. I think your ideas and voice were very successful.

    4. I would like you to improve your word choice.

    ~Glenn Miyasato
    (Father of Leah Miyasato)

    ReplyDelete